The NEBOSH International General Certificate (NEBOSH IGC)
Nebosh IGC in Occupational Health and Safety is one among the internationally recognized safety qualification by NEBOSH, which provides a sound knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety Management and its various key features.
Nebosh IGC is considered to be one of the most popular and effective
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is widely respected by employers worldwide and meets the requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate Membership of IIRSM (AIIRSM).
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is a qualification designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities (e.g. managers, supervisors and employee representatives) to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions.
The IGC syllabus is designed with the approach of providing practical application knowledge based on International standards, such as International Labour Organization (ILO) codes of practice.
The course covers:
- Understanding the principles of occupational health and safety
- Identification and prevention of workplace hazards and risks
- Practical application of knowledge in real life situation
The 10-day course divided into 3 units,
- IGC1 – Management of international health and safety [Days 1-5]
- GC2 – Control of international workplace hazards [Days 6-9]
- GC3 – International health and safety practical application [Day 10]
There will be 2 hour written examinations for IGC1 and GC2 and practical assessment test for GC3– report submission (based on the real-time scenario) within 7 days of appearing in the final NEBOSH exam. The practical element will be assessed by POSHE internally, which will be moderated externally by NEBOSH.